Every Friday I share a recipe I am curious to try, have tested (approved or disapproved), or have developed myself. This is miscellany‘s second installation of Finger-Lickin’ Fridays!
Baked asparagus with balsamic butter is super tasty and incredibly simple. In addition to using this sauce with asparagus, I’ve also used it with onions and bell peppers; I particularly like mixing vegetables. I generally serve this side dish with fish (tilapia, flounder, etc).
Baked Asparagus with Balsamic Butter
Status: Tested & Approved!
- 1 bunch of asparagus, trimmed
- cooking spray
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1 Tbs soy sauce
- 1tsp balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat asparagus with cooking spray, salt, and pepper.
- Bake about 12 minutes or until asparagus is tender.
- While asparagus is baking, brown butter in a small sauce pan over medium heat.
- Remove pan from heat and mix in soy sauce and balsamic vinegar.
- Pour butter mixture over asparagus and serve immediately.