Every Friday I share a recipe I am curious to try, have tested (approved or disapproved), or have developed myself. This is miscellany‘s fourth installation of Finger-Lickin’ Fridays!
I forget where I got this recipe from, but boy oh boy, do I love preparing salmon this way! It’s definitely a staple in my household. I love to pair it with teriyaki carrots and zucchini over jasmine rice, as shown in my photograph.
Asian Marinaded Salmon
Status: Tested & Approved!
- 2-4 salmon fillets
- lemon pepper, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 Tbs oil
- Season fillets with lemon pepper and garlic powder.
- Mix brown sugar, soy sauce, water, and oil. (I like to put it all into a gallon ziploc bag instead of dirtying a dish/bowl.)
- Add fillets and marinate for at least two hours.
- Grill over medium heat. (I simply use a cast iron grill pan on the stove, but you can just as easily cook the salmon in a skillet over the same heat.)
- Fish, even hearty salmon, is delicate. The marinade will start to break down the fish if you let it sit for longer than about four hours or so.
- Although I have never tried, I am sure this marinade would be delicious on other proteins, such as chicken (just marinade longer).