Every Friday I share a recipe I am curious to try, have tested (approved or disapproved), or have developed myself. This is miscellany‘s tenth installation of Finger-lickin’ Fridays!
Banana Oatmeal Cookies
These cookies are ridiculously easy and require only a few simple ingredients. They are vegan, as well as gluten-free. If you are doing the 21 Day Fix by Autumn Calabrese via Teach Beachbody, you can have two of these and count it as only one yellow container! YAY!
Status: Tested & approved! (Recipe originally from the 21 Day Fix Eating Plan)
Makes: 16 cookies, serving size is two.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (I actually used quick oats and had no problems)
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 ripe medium bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup raw walnuts (I didn’t have any on hand and the cookies still turned out fine)
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly coat a baking sheet with spray and set aside.
- Combine oats, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl and stir to combine.
- Add in bananas, raisins, and walnuts and mix well.
- Drop by heaping tablespoon onto prepared baking sheet.
- Flatten with a spatula. (I actually used a potato masher!)
- Bake for 14 to 15 minutes or until firm.
- I love these straight from the fridge, but you could also allow these to come up to room temperature (or maybe even microwave them for a few seconds) before eating.