Every Friday I share a recipe I am curious to try, have tested (approved or disapproved), or have developed myself.
This is miscellany‘s fourteenth installation of Finger-lickin’ Fridays!
Rosemary Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Rosemary is, by FAR, my most favorite herb EVER. When I came across this recipe I knew I needed to bookmark it to make later. Perfect for a ladies’ afternoon get-together! Mmmmm, with a little lemonade and maybe some sliced fresh fruit…
Status: Curious to try (Recipe found on MyRecipes)
Makes: Five sandwiches
- 3 cups chopped roasted skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 3/4 pound)
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped smoked almonds
- 1/4 cup plain, fat-free yogurt
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 10 slices of whole-grain bread
- Combine ingredients, stirring well. Use about a 2/3 cup of chicken mixture for each sandwich.
- You could just as easily serve this rosemary chicken salad on a croissant or simply drop a scoop over some mixed greens.
- Whenever I get a chance to make this, I think I’ll increase the rosemary! I just cannot enough of that flavor!