Every Friday I share a recipe I am curious to try, have tested (approved or disapproved), or have developed myself.
This is miscellany‘s seventeen installation of Finger-lickin’ Fridays!
Hot Fudge Sauce
YUM! Can’t wait to try this sauce over a brownie sundae!!
Status: Curious to try (recipe from Baked by Rachel)
Makes: Varies, depends on how much you use
- 2/3C heavy cream
- 1/2C light corn syrup
- 1/3C brown sugar
- 1/4C unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine heavy cream, corn syrup, brown sugar, cocoa, salt and 3oz of bittersweet chocolate. Bring mixture to a low boil, stirring frequently until chocolate is completely melted.
- Reduce heat to med-low, continue to stir. Cook for an additional 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add remaining 3oz bittersweet chocolate, butter and vanilla. Stir until sauce is smooth. Cool slightly before using or transferring to a storage container.
- Store chilled.
- Re-warm in a saucepan or microwave prior to serving.