Every Friday I share a recipe I am curious to try, have tested (approved or disapproved), or have developed myself.
This is miscellany‘s nineteenth installation of Finger-lickin’ Fridays!
Sugar Drop Cookies
I have made these cookies dozens of times and they are great every time. You most likely already have everything you need on hand for this recipe. These cookies are great for a crowd; the recipe makes about SIXTY!
Status: Tested and approved, recipe from Joy of Cooking
Makes: about 60 2 and 1/2 inch cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease or line 2 cookie sheets.
- Sift together:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon sale
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon or 1/2 teaspoon grated or ground nutmeg
- Combine and mix to blend in a large bowl (this is where I use my stand mixer):
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- Add one at a time, beating well after each addition:
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Add the flour mixture and beat well.
- Shape the dough into 1/2 inch balls and dip them in sugar. (I use raw sugar and then sometimes top the cookies with candy bits, like Heath.)
- Place 1 inch apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake one at a line for 10-12 minutes, until golden.
- Let stand briefly, then remove to rack to cool.