Every Friday I share a recipe I am curious to try, have tested (approved or disapproved), or have developed myself.
This is miscellany‘s twenty-third installation of Finger-lickin’ Fridays!
Jell-O Poke Cake
Yum! Using the jell-o really “spices” up this recipe, taking an ordinary cake to the next level.
Status: Tested and Approved! YUMMY!
Makes: 1 cake
- 1 box of cake mix (I like to use the strawberry kind)
- 1 box of Jell-O (I like to strawberry)
- Cool Whip (for “icing” the cake)
- Bake cake as directed on package, and cool slightly.
- Poke holes (I use the back of a wooden spoon) about a 1/2 inch apart.
- Melt Jell-O mix with boiling water.
- Stir in cold water and pour over cake.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Frost the cake with Cool Whip and refrigerate again for at least 1 hour before serving.
- I imagine different flavors would easily be substituted (i.e. yellow cake mix with black cherry Jell-O, etc). I’ve just always used strawberry.