Every Friday I share a recipe I am curious to try, have tested (approved or disapproved), or have developed myself.
This is miscellany‘s twenty-fifth installation of Finger-lickin’ Fridays!
Lemon Meringue Pie
YUMMY!! Clearly, Paula Deen knows what she’s doing!!
Status: Curious to try (Recipe by Paula Deen)
Makes: 6-8 servings
- 1 8-inch prebaked pie shell or crumb crust
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1 14-ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
3 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Beat eggs with cream of tartar until soft peaks form.
- Gradually beat in sugar until stiff.
In a medium bowl, combine milk, lemon juice and zest.
- Blend in egg yolks
- Pour into cooked crust.
- Preheat over to 325 degrees.
- Spread meringue over filling; seal edge of crust.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until meringue is golden brown.