Every Friday I share a recipe I am curious to try, have tested (approved or disapproved), or have developed myself.
This is miscellany‘s twenty-seventh installation of Finger-lickin’ Fridays!
Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken and Veggies
Last Finger-lickin’ Friday I featured a crock pot recipe, and I just couldn’t help but share another one this week from Damn Delicious. Honey and garlic? Not a combo I would immediately thing of, but damn does this recipe sound delicious. (Haha, see what I did there? Yes, I’m lame.)
Status: Curious to try (from DamnDelicious.net)
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 16 ounces baby red potatoes, halved
- 16 ounces baby carrots
- 16 ounces green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
For the Sauce:
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine soy sauce, honey, ketchup, garlic, basil, oregano, red pepper flakes and pepper.
- Place chicken thighs, potatoes, carrots and soy sauce mixture into a 6-qt slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours, basting every hour.
- Add green beans during the last 30 minutes of cooking time.