Every Friday I share a recipe I am curious to try, have tested (approved or disapproved), or have developed myself.
This is miscellany‘s twenty-ninth installation of Finger-lickin’ Fridays!
I could NOT get enough of this slaw while I was in Colorado with Nico. We picked everything fresh from the fields and even made our own mayonnaise! This recipe is adjustable and simple; add what you want, take away what you don’t.
Status: Tested and approved! (I LOVE THIS STUFF!)
Makes: depends on the amounts of each ingredient
- 4 parts red cabbage, sliced
- 1 part broccoli (florets and some of the stems, chopped)
- 1 part onion, chopped
- 1 part peas, shelled
- 1 part carrots, grated
- mayonnaise (or make your own like we did!)
- apple cider vinegar, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- sugar (optional)
- Prepare vegetables.
- Mix together the mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper. You can also mix in some sugar to sweeten the mixture, although we prefer the tang and therefore left it out.
- Next, add in the vegetables and thoroughly coat them with the mayonnaise mixture.