Every Friday I share a recipe I am curious to try, have tested (approved or disapproved), or have developed myself.
This is miscellany‘s thirty-first installation of Finger-lickin’ Fridays!
Potato Leek Soup
Nico has really fallen in love with this super simple recipe adapted from Julia Child. In fact, he just made some potato leek soup last night and sent me the photo above! Only four more days and I can try it for myself! YUM!
Status: Nico approves and I’m sure I will, too
Makes: a big pot
- 1 lb potatoes
- 1 lb leeks
- 1 quart water
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Parsley, for garnish
- Chop potatoes and leeks (watch this video if you’re unfamiliar with leek preparation).
- Combine potatoes, leeks, water, and butter in pot and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Blend soup until creamy, although Nico likes to leave his slightly “chunky.” There are plenty of ways to cream the soup: immersion blender, regular blender, a hand mixer, a potato masher, or even just a vigorous stir with a fork.
- Mix in the cream.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and garnish with parsley.